kangaroo island community education
Traineeship Certificate III in Information Technology (ICT30120)
KICE has taken on the opportunity of having traineeships within the school. With the IT Traineeship, the trainee will work with the IT support staff to complete competencies and help with everyday work at the school.
Students must complete 4 subjects at school to get an ATAR and 3 for SACE. For the students that have obtained a traineeship get a total of 65 year 12 SACE credits meaning that you are able to complete year 12 without any other subjects. But to complete their ATAR the trainee must complete 3 other subjects.
On-site the trainee will:
- Work and communicate effectively in an IT environment.
- Operate application software packages.
- Operate a digital media technology package.
- Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement.
- Create user documentation.
- Install and optimise operating system software.
- Maintain computer hardware.
- Run standard diagnostics.
- Contribute to the delivery and maintenance of safe and efficient work practices.
The Outcome of having a Cert III can be:
- technical support
- network administration
- web technologies
- software applications and digital media technologies
Jobs can include:
- Help Desk Officer
- Help Desk Assistant
- ICT Operations Support
- ICT User Support
- PC Support
- Technical Support.